Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I hate NYC

Well it's been three weeks today since I became a New Yorker. Right now, I hate it. We are finally signing an apartment lease tomorrow after been toyed around with brokers and landlords for the past three weeks. We've been denied three times, but one changed their mind a week later. We've lost money. We've slept on our friend's floor, where we also spent our one year anniversary. We had a night in a hotel, but it was the same day the FFA had a "glitch" so Marcus did not get in NY until 11:30 p.m. and we're on a very fixed income so the one night was all we could do. I've wanted to go home so many times and beg Xavier University to take me. If only I wouldn't lose thousands of dollars.

BUT...

Tomorrow we sign papers on a very small, very expensive apartment a block from Central Park on the Upper West Side of new york. I will forever be a west sider whether I live in NY or Cincinnati. But things should start looking up and be less stressful once we move in, which will be Friday. Thank you for everyone prayers and please keep on praying! Marcus leaves Friday for Shiloh so I will live alone! And I was afraid in a empty house in Fort Thomas, so we'll see how this goes.

Maybe next week's post will be finally positive. Until then, I hate NY.

2 comments:

Lucy P said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU FOUND AN APT!!!! I'm sure it's been SO HARD having to wait, and you should be proud that you've hung in there! I'm so in awe of you toughing it out in the city--I'm praying that soon NYC will start being worthy of having you as a resident! It doesn't deserve you!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.