Thursday, June 7, 2007

Overwhelmed and Insignificant

Since I've gotten to New York I've had my moments of "Wow, this city is amazing!" and also my moments of "What the crap am I doing here?" There have been a lot more crap moments than wow moments.

Some crap moments have mostly been when looking for apartments. Wow moments have been going to Shiloh this past weekend. Another wow moment was when we went to a bible study at this amazing apartment that overlooked St. Peter's Cathedral and you could see the sun setting over Central Park. Not that I could EVER afford a place like that, but I can imagine.

One con about living in a city of over five million people, you can feel pretty insignificant pretty fast. In a program with 180 other students, you can feel pretty insignificant pretty fast. I think it will take a while before I feel like a part of the city or my program for that matter.

Sorry this is kind of down, I am having one of those days (it's that time of month).
But I get to see my husband tomorrow to celebrate our one year anniversary and everything will be okay again!!!

No comments: