Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Snow

Today when I awoke, I looked out my window and saw snow! My first snow in NY (except for the one spring break it snowed!). It's the end of the night and the snow is gone, but I made some good memories today to share.

First this morning on the way to church a kid threw a snowball at me. I was on the bus and the window was open partly. Him and his buddy were throwing snow balls at passing taxis. We made eye contact and I glared, warning him with my eyes that he should not do what he was thinking about doing. He pulled his arm back anyways and let loose. It hit the window by my head. Luckily, for him, it didn't get on me. I shook my fist at him and he ran off. Lucky boy.

Then tonight the six of us Shiloh people went to the Park Ave Tree Lighting. We joined about 500 New Yorkers sing Christmas Carols in front of the Brick Church. It was amazing! Afterwards, we went back to Kiersten and Alison's drank cider, ate apple pie, and watched a White Christmas. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

No comments: